UK News
now browsing by tag
β¨ π§ππ ππ’π¨π‘π§ππ’πͺπ‘ ππ¦ π’π‘! β¨

Just 09 days to go until we honour the incredible individuals who care selflessly every day β our carers! π
Get ready for an unforgettable evening at the Carers Appreciation Night (CAN) β hosted by Pastor S. Kwambana and Mrs. A. Kwambana, with the Mayor of Corby as our distinguished guest.
π Holiday Inn, Corby
π
5th April 2025
π 2 PM β 9 PM | Red Carpet Afterparty 9 PM β Midnight
π« Entry: Β£50
β¨ Highlights of the evening include:
π
Certificates of Appreciation
π£οΈ Expert Talks & Advice
π Networking Opportunities
π½οΈ Dinner and so much more!
Letβs come together to celebrate, connect, and appreciate those who give their all.
π² For inquiries & partnership: 07507280361 | 07752714391
β¨ π§ππ ππ’π¨π‘π§ππ’πͺπ‘ ππ¦ π’π‘! β¨
Only 10 days left till we come together to celebrate our unsung heroes β the carers! π§‘

Join us for an inspiring evening of recognition, networking, and empowerment at the Carers Appreciation Night (CAN) β hosted by Pastor S. Kwambana and Mrs. A. Kwambana, with the Mayor of Corby as our special guest of honour.
π Holiday Inn, Corby
π
5th April 2025
β° 2 PM β 9 PM | Red Carpet Afterparty: 9 PM β 12 AM
ποΈ Admission: Β£50
Special features:
ποΈ Certificate of Appreciation
π¬ Expert Talks & Advice
π€ Community Networking
π½οΈ Dinner & More!
Donβt miss this beautiful night of gratitude and celebration.
π For partnership & participation: 07507280361 | 07752714391
Carers Appreciation Night!

We are excited to announce our main sponsor @ Care Quality Support and Ultra Healthcare Solutions Support!

Get ready for a night of appreciation, connection, and celebration!
Join us at the Carers Appreciation Night (CAN) on April 5th, 2025, at the Holiday Inn Corby.
Enjoy a red-carpet welcome, a delicious dinner, and special recognitions, all in the presence of our Guest of Honor, Mayor Willie Colquhoun.
Donβt miss out!!!
letβs celebrate the unsung heroes! After-party fun from 9 PM till midnight!
RSVP : 07507280361, 07752714391
SAVE THE DATE!

Β β¨ Join us for an uplifting time of worship this Sunday, December 22! πΒ Β
Experience divine blessings with our Guest Minister Dr. Brenda K. Adams and enjoy fellowship with a FREE hot meal after service.Β Β
π Venue: Saint Ninianβs Beanfield, Avenue Corby, NN18 0AXΒ Β
β° Time: 2:00 PM – 4:00 PM GMTΒ Β
Your hosts: Pastor S. Kwambana & Mrs. A. KwambanaΒ Β
Donβt miss this special gathering β COME AND BE BLESSED! πΒ Β
π For more details, contact us at: +447507374218.”
SAVE THE DATE!- Afrinity Connect









UK PM Boris Johnson endorse top aide after lockdown diaclosure

British Prime Minister Boris Johnson has backed his chief adviser Dominic Cummings, amid a backlash of calls for Cummings to step after it was made known that he travelled to Durham from London while the country was on lockdown and everyone had been told to stay in their houses.
Johnson told a news conference on Sunday that he believed Cummings had acted “responsibly and legally”.
“I think that what they did was totally understandable,” he added. “I think any father, any parent would frankly understand what he did and I certainly do.”
Cummings travelled 250 miles (400 kilometres) from London to his parents’ home in Durham, in northeast England, with his wife and son as he was coming down with COVID-19 symptoms at the end of March.
Britain’s lockdown, which began on March 23, specified that people should stay at their primary residence, leaving only for relevant local errands and exercise. Anyone with coronavirus symptoms was told to completely isolate themselves.
The Sun newspaper reported late on Sunday that Johnson was going through a cabinet upset over his support for Cummings, a divisive figure most known for his role in the campaign to take the UK out of the European Union.
“He (Cummings) cannot stay,” the paper quoted an unnamed minister as saying. “There has to be some contrition from Boris too or he will spend the next ten weeks having to answer questions about it all. This is not a bubble story. Real people are furious because they have been doing the right thing and isolating.”
The Sun report came after some Conventional MPs joined opposition calls for Cummings to step down.
“Dominic Cummings has a track record of believing that the rules donβt apply to him and treating the scrutiny that should come to anyone in a position of authority with contempt,” tweeted Conservative politician Damian Collins. “The government would be better without him.” He added
Source___Aljazeera
Prime Minister Boris Johnson discloses ‘conditional plan’ to reinstate society

Boris Johnson has disclosed a “conditional plan” to reinstate society, letting people in England to take up more time outdoors from Wednesday.
The PM also said people who are not able to work from home should go back to their workplace – but keep away from public transport.
He said a new Covid 19 wide awake System with five levels would govern how swiftly lockdown limitations could be eased.
He anticipated the next step “at the earliestby 1 June” would be for some students to resume school in England
The next step could see some helpfulness businesses and other public places resume – “if the numbers support it” – but not earlier than 1 July.
He said these steps formed part of a “first sketch of a roadmap for reopening society”.
The PM added: “This is not the time simply to end the lockdown this week. Instead we are taking the first careful steps to modify our measures.”
Mr Johnson also confirmed that fines for the “small minority who break” lockdown rules will increase.
Source___BBC News
Coronavirus lockdown lessen UK undercoat movements

The UK hasn’t been trembling as much since it went into Covid lockdown.
Seismometer stations, which are commonly used to report earthquakes, have discovered a big fall in the ground shaking connected to human activity.
Scientists from Imperial College London say this framework bombinate is now half what it would usually be.
The unequalled seismic quiet – a occurrence cloned in other countries – could offer a unique opportunity to study the Earth’s interior.
“You’d have to go back decades to see noise levels like this,” commented Imperial’s Dr Stephen Hicks. “You’d often get quiet times in the evenings or at weekends but not continuously, for weeks,” he told BBC News.
Credit___BBC News
Weather: Parts of UK could see a month’s rain in 24 hours amid floods

Deluged communities in parts of the UK are facing more heavy rain as they struggle to cope in the wake of Storm Dennis.
A month’s worth of rain in 24 hours could also hit north Wales and north-west England, forecasters said, falling on ground that is already saturated.
Nearly 120 flood warnings remain in place across the country.
And there is also travel disruption after floods blocked a major rail route between England and Scotland.
The Environment Agency said there was a “heightened flood risk” across the Midlands, with six severe warnings – meaning there is a danger to life – still in place near the Welsh border around the Rivers Lugg, Severn and Wye.
There are also three yellow severe weather warnings in place across parts of north-west England and Wales as clean-up operations continue following flooding in the wake of Storm Dennis.
Rain fell heavily overnight into Thursday, with Met Office forecasters warning it was likely to continue until about 15:00 GMT in parts of the UK.
The West Coast Main Line was closed between Carlisle and Lancaster on Thursday morning following severe wet weather, affecting Avanti West Coast, Northern and TransPennine Express services.
Hundreds of people have been evacuated from their homes due to floods, with the worst-affected areas including south Wales, Herefordshire, Worcestershire and Shropshire.
Meanwhile, Prime Minister Boris Johnson has faced criticism from opposition parties for not visiting flood-hit communities.
Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn said he was showing his “true colours by his absence”, adding that the prime minister was sending a “clear message” by not convening the government’s emergency committee, Cobra.
Plaid Cymru leader Adam Price also questioned why Mr Johnson had not convened Cobra.
Fire Brigades Union general secretary Matt Wrack said his union had been raising the issue of long-term planning to deal with extreme weather events for years, but had found the government’s response to be “lacklustre”.
On Wednesday, business minister Nadhim Zahawi told Sky News the prime minister was focused on getting “money out the door” to businesses and local authorities in affected communities.
“He wants to help people by getting funding to them,” Mr Zahawi said.
Environment Secretary George Eustice said the government was investing Β£2.6bn in flood defenses.
FROM BBC NEWS
Coronavirus: First death confirmed in Europe

A Chinese tourist has died in France after contracting the new coronavirus – the first fatality from the disease outside Asia.
The victim was an 80-year-old man from China’s Hubei province, according to French Health Minister AgnΓ¨s Buzyn.
He arrived in France on 16 January and was placed in quarantine in hospital in Paris on 25 January, she said.
Only three deaths had previously been reported outside mainland China – in Hong Kong, the Philippines and Japan.
However, more than 1,500 people have died from the virus within China, mostly in Hubei where it first emerged.
A further 2,641 people have been newly confirmed as infected, bringing the China’s total to 66,492.
What has happened in France?
In late January, France became the first European country to confirm cases of the virus. It has had 11 confirmed cases of the disease, officially called Covid-19. Six people remain in hospital.
The deceased man had been in a critical condition in the Bichat hospital in northern Paris, the health minister said. He died of a lung infection due to the coronavirus.
The man’s 50-year-old daughter is among the six in hospital with the virus, but she is recovering, Ms Buzyn said.
The other five are British nationals who caught the virus at a chalet in the ski resort of Contamines-Montjoie.
How are other countries affected?
Outside mainland China, there have been more than 500 cases in 24 countries.
Earlier, the US said it was sending a plane to Japan to evacuate Americans stuck on the Diamond Princess cruise ship, which is being held in quarantine in a Japanese port.
Out of 3,700 people on board, 218 have tested positive for the virus. Australia also said it was considering removing its citizens from the ship.
Egypt’s health ministry on Friday confirmed the first case of the coronavirus in Africa. The ministry described the person as a foreigner, but did not disclose their nationality.
How is China coping?
Despite the spread of the virus, Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi said on Saturday that the outbreak in China was now “generally under control”.
The foreign minister said outside Hubei province the number of new infections had fallen for 11 consecutive days. He said there had also been a rapid increase in the number of people who had recovered.
However, new figures released on Friday revealed the toll on medical staff in the country. Six health workers have died and 1,716 have been infected since the outbreak, officials said.
Local authorities have struggled to provide protective equipment such as respiratory masks, goggles and protective suits to hospitals in Hubei.
Meanwhile, Beijing has ordered everyone returning to the city to go into quarantine for 14 days or risk punishment.
The World Health Organization is beginning an investigation in China this weekend into the outbreak.